In today’s fast-paced world, communication has become an essential part of our lives. WhatsApp, one of the most popular messaging apps, allows us to connect with friends, family, and colleagues through text messages, voice calls, and even video calls. However, wouldn’t it be convenient if we could schedule WhatsApp calls in advance, just like we do with appointments and meetings in our calendar apps? Surprisingly, you can achieve this functionality with a few clever tricks. In this article, we’ll explore how to schedule WhatsApp calls in the Calendar app on your iPhone, streamlining your communication and boosting your productivity.
The Need for Scheduled WhatsApp Calls
Before we delve into the step-by-step process of scheduling WhatsApp calls on your iPhone’s Calendar app, let’s understand why such a feature is desirable.
In our professional and personal lives, we often find ourselves juggling multiple tasks, meetings, and commitments. Communicating with someone over WhatsApp might require both parties to be available simultaneously. However, due to time zone differences, work obligations, or simply busy schedules, synchronizing call timings can be a challenge. This is where the ability to schedule WhatsApp calls becomes invaluable.
By integrating scheduled WhatsApp calls into your Calendar app, you can plan conversations at mutually convenient times, reducing the hassle of coordinating availability and enhancing the overall efficiency of your interactions.
Leveraging Siri Shortcuts
Apple’s ecosystem is known for its seamless integration between different apps and functionalities. While WhatsApp itself might not offer a built-in feature for scheduling calls, you can use Siri Shortcuts to bridge the gap and achieve the desired outcome. Here’s how:
Step 1 – Update WhatsApp Contact
Before you proceed, ensure that the contact you wish to schedule a call with is saved in your iPhone’s Contacts app with their WhatsApp number linked.
Step 2 – Create a New Shortcut
- Open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone. If you can’t find it, you can easily download it from the App Store.
- Tap the “+” icon in the top right corner to create a new shortcut.
- In the search bar, type “Text” and select the “Text” action.
- Tap “Add New Text” and input a message like, “Schedule a WhatsApp call with [Contact Name] on [Date] at [Time].”
- Tap the “+” icon again, search for “Set Date,” and select the “Set Date” action.
- Choose “Shortcut Input” as the date parameter. This is the date you’ll enter when running the shortcut.
- Similarly, add a “Set Time” action and choose “Shortcut Input” for the time parameter.
- Tap “+” again, search for “WhatsApp,” and select the “Send Message via WhatsApp” action.
- You might need to grant permission for the Shortcuts app to access WhatsApp. After granting permission, select “Shortcut Input” for the recipient.
- Tap on the text input area and choose “Text” from the options. This is where your predefined message for scheduling the call will appear.
- Finally, tap “Add to Siri” to assign a voice command to this shortcut.
Step 3 – Running the Shortcut
- Whenever you want to schedule a WhatsApp call, simply activate Siri by saying “Hey Siri” or holding down the home button (or side button, depending on your iPhone model).
- Say the voice command you assigned to the shortcut, such as “Schedule a WhatsApp call.”
- Siri will prompt you for the date and time of the call. Provide this information.
- The shortcut will automatically create a message with the scheduling details and open WhatsApp with the message ready to be sent to your contact.
- Review the message, add any additional details if needed, and hit the send button.
While Siri Shortcuts offer a powerful way to schedule WhatsApp calls through integration, there are alternative approaches you might consider.
Using Third-Party Scheduling Apps
Several third-party scheduling apps are available on the App Store that allow you to integrate your messaging apps and schedule messages and calls. These apps often offer more customization and features compared to Siri Shortcuts. Some popular options include “Shortcuts” by RoutineHub and “Launch Center Pro.”
To use these apps:
- Download and install the chosen scheduling app from the App Store.
- Follow the app’s instructions to set up WhatsApp integration and create scheduled actions.
- Typically, you’ll need to provide the recipient’s WhatsApp contact, the message you want to send, and the date and time for the scheduled call.
- The app will take care of sending the message at the specified time, simplifying the scheduling process.
Note on Security and Privacy
When using third-party apps, especially those involving messaging and scheduling, it’s essential to consider the security and privacy implications. Make sure to review the app’s permissions and ensure that your data is handled securely.
Scheduling WhatsApp calls through your iPhone’s Calendar app might not be a built-in feature, but with the power of Siri Shortcuts and third-party apps, you can achieve this functionality with ease. Whether you’re a busy professional looking to coordinate international calls or a social butterfly managing multiple conversations, these methods streamline your communication and enhance your overall productivity.
As technology continues to evolve, our ability to integrate and automate different aspects of our lives becomes increasingly robust. With a bit of creativity and exploration, you can mold your smartphone into a versatile tool that adapts to your unique needs. So, go ahead and take advantage of these methods to schedule your WhatsApp calls efficiently and make the most out of your valuable time.