Spotify is one of the most popular music streaming services in the world, boasting millions of tracks and a vast library of albums. One of the most appealing aspects of using Spotify is its visually pleasing interface, which displays album art alongside the songs. However, some users encounter an annoying issue where the album art fails to show up on their iPhones. If you are facing this problem, don’t worry; in this article, we will explore six of the best fixes for Spotify album art not showing on iPhone.
Understanding the Issue
Before diving into the solutions, it’s crucial to understand why the album art might not be displaying on your iPhone while using Spotify. The problem could be attributed to various factors, such as a poor internet connection, cache issues, app glitches, or even an outdated app version. By identifying the root cause, you can choose the most appropriate solution.
Fix 1: Check Your Internet Connection
Often, album art fails to load due to a weak or unstable internet connection. When your internet speed is slow or intermittent, Spotify may struggle to retrieve the album art from its servers, resulting in a blank display. To check if your internet connection is the culprit, follow these steps:
- Open your web browser and try accessing a few websites to ensure your internet is working correctly.
- If the websites load slowly or display errors, restart your router and modem to improve connectivity.
- Alternatively, connect to a different Wi-Fi network or switch to mobile data to see if the album art appears.
Fix 2: Update the Spotify App
Outdated apps can often lead to compatibility issues and unexpected errors. Ensuring that you are running the latest version of the Spotify app can help resolve album art display problems. Here’s how you can update the app on your iPhone:
- Launch the App Store on your iPhone.
- Tap on your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Scroll down to the “Available Updates” section.
- If an update for Spotify is available, tap the “Update” button next to it.
After the update is complete, restart the Spotify app and check if the album art is now visible.
Fix 3: Clear Spotify Cache
A corrupted cache in the Spotify app could be preventing album art from loading correctly. Clearing the cache can refresh the app and eliminate any cache-related issues. Follow these steps to clear the cache on your iPhone:
- Open the Spotify app on your iPhone.
- Go to the “Home” tab and tap on the gear icon in the top right corner to access the settings.
- Scroll down and select “Storage.”
- Tap on “Delete Cache” to clear the app’s cache.
After clearing the cache, exit the app, relaunch it, and check if the album art now appears.
Fix 4: Log Out and Log In Again
Sometimes, simply logging out of your Spotify account and then logging back in can resolve display issues. This process refreshes your session and can potentially fix any minor glitches affecting the album art display. Here’s how you can log out and log back in to your Spotify account:
- Open the Spotify app on your iPhone.
- Go to the “Home” tab and tap on the gear icon to access the settings.
- Scroll down and select “Log Out” at the bottom of the page.
- Once logged out, tap the “Log In” button on the login screen and enter your credentials to sign back in.
After logging in, check if the album art is now visible.
Fix 5: Reinstall the Spotify App
If none of the above fixes worked, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify app on your iPhone. This process will ensure that you have a fresh installation of the app, potentially resolving any software-related issues causing the album art not to display. Follow these steps to reinstall Spotify:
- Press and hold the Spotify app icon on your home screen until the icons start jiggling.
- Tap the “x” icon in the corner of the Spotify app to delete it.
- Confirm the deletion when prompted.
- Visit the App Store, search for Spotify, and reinstall the app.
- Once the installation is complete, open Spotify, log in, and check if the album art appears.
Fix 6: Check for Device and App Compatibility
Sometimes, album art display issues can be attributed to device or app compatibility problems. Ensure that your iPhone model is supported by the current version of the Spotify app. Additionally, check if there are any known compatibility issues between your iOS version and the Spotify app. You can find this information on the App Store page for Spotify or the official Spotify support website.
Album art adds visual appeal to the music listening experience, and it can be frustrating when it fails to show up on your Spotify app on the iPhone. In this article, we explored six of the best fixes for resolving this issue. By checking your internet connection, updating the app, clearing the cache, logging out and in again, reinstalling the app, and verifying device compatibility, you can increase the chances of restoring the album art display on your Spotify app.
Remember to troubleshoot the problem step by step, as the cause may vary from one user to another. Hopefully, one of the solutions provided in this article helped you restore the album art on your Spotify app, allowing you to enjoy your music with full visual accompaniment once again. Happy listening!